We are committed to ensuring that your rights under data privacy laws are protected and personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation General Data Protection Regulation [REGULATION (EU) 2016/679.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
For services provided into EU countries and to EU citizens, Glanbia is committed to observe the rights of the individuals whose personal data we collect and process.
Glanbia Ireland DAC, Glanbia House, Kilkenny
Or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phoning : 1890 100 017
If you have an interest in Glanbia Co-operative Society Limited or engage in trading activity with Glanbia, the following Data Protection Notice will govern how we use and disclose your personal data. Read more here.
Legal Basis for data processing
Within the European Union, data is collected and processed under the legal basis of Legitimate Interest to fulfil e-commerce orders and other website services requested by you.
Milk Suppliers and Trading Partners will also be advised of our Privacy Policies through your normal communications channel.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as email address
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Any information you provide by filling in forms on our website
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
- Technical information including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and device type. This is collected in an anonymous manner and helps us optimize the site for our users.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to provide you with online services and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve products and services directly related to this website / supported services.
- To provide you with information and promotional material about products, special offers or other information which you request from us or we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and where you have freely consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting where you have freely consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services that relate to your subscribed services.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services covered under your customer agreement or purchases within the previous 12 months.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have freely consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your personal information, provided under consent, in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please refer to the ‘Controlling Your Data Section’ below.
Glanbia is committed to maintaining the highest levels of Information Security across our business functions and electronic business channels.
To ensure that we communicate and trade with our customers in a secure manner, the following safeguards are implemented across our services:
- We apply digital certificates to our official corporate web sites to secure communications and also provide assurance that you are connected to approve resources
- All our customer, supplier and accounts payable / accounts receivable functions all use Glanbia branded email addresses and never use 3rd party email addresses
- We will treat all your queries in relation to potentially fraudulent activity with the highest urgency
- Maintain in-house and external Information Security services to provide website security analysis and identify areas of website security improvement
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the information is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not in any way give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information you choose to share with us.
Accepting our cookie requests also authorises Glanbia to capture your computer’s IP address to support our website analysis and web site security controls. Computer IP addresses are retained for up to 12 months for security monitoring and up to 48 months for analysis purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Read our full cookies policy
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: – You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes – if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to:
Glanbia Ireland DAC, Glanbia House, Kilkenny, Ireland
Or phoning : 1890 100 017
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation [REGULATION (EU) 2016/679]. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to:
Glanbia Ireland DAC, Glanbia House, Kilkenny, Ireland
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address or email us at email@example.com We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.