Become a milk supplier
Benefits of being a Glanbia Ingredients Ireland (GII) Milk Supplier
As a supplier to GIIL you are part of a success story built on a solid foundation with a strong drive and ambition for growth and expansion, as evident by the business characteristics outlined below.
- OWNERSHIP STRENGTH - A business of considerable strength and scale in its own right and owned by two strong shareholders – Glanbia Co-op and Glanbia Plc.
- HIGHLY INVESTED - Over €180m invested in a new state-of-the-art processing infrastructure at Belview - complementing existing significantly invested plants at Ballyragget and Virginia.
- GLOBAL REACH - Dedicated commercial team selling products into over fifty countries around the world with a specific focus on high growth and emerging markets.
- INNOVATION FOCUS - Dedicated GIIL innovation team with an ability to leverage the innovation strength of Glanbia Plc and a range of Irish and international state research bodies.
- PRODUCT MIX - An evolving product mix developed and tailored to service a range of growing, high-value and complex market sectors.
- CUSTOMER BASE - Deep long-term relationships with a range of the world’s leading brand owners operating across critical growth markets including infant nutrition, clinical nutrition and sports nutrition market sectors.
Why has Glanbia Ingredients Ireland a loyal and growing milk supply base?
GII’s milk suppliers are a key asset of the business – which is why there is a focus on assisting suppliers develop sustainable and profitable business through the approaches outlined below.
- Supplier friendly Milk Supply Agreements which encourage growth and expansion – with a commitment to purchase all of the milk a supplier may wish to supply, regardless of a supplier’s growth ambition.
- No requirement for suppliers (existing or new entrants) to make a capital contribution to fund processing infrastructure – regardless of the volume of milk supplied.
- No requirement for milk suppliers (existing or new entrants) to purchase shares in order to supply milk.
- A business structured and invested to ensure an ability to capture high value growing dairy markets – with the consequent long-term capability with respect to milk price performance.
- A world leading position on developing opportunities for milk suppliers to participate in milk pricing schemes that guarantee a milk supplier’s margin and protects against price volatility.
- Industry leading support provided to suppliers regarding farm and financial planning, herd health management, sustainability and milk quality.
- SUPPLIER SUPPORT - Dedicated team focused on assisting suppliers develop their farm businesses in a sustainable and profitable manner.
For existing suppliers and new entrants to be part of the GIIL success story, with all its strength and ambition, provides significant certainty and security for the future of your farming business.
Tagged with: Dairy