Guide to filling out your 2018 Herd Health Certificate
Please note that there are some changes to the format of the Herd Health Certificate this year so please use this guide. It is a DAFM requirement that All suppliers submit this annually to GII to allow milk collection.
These certificates are audited by both DAFM and GII / Glanbia customers (both Irish and international) and are key for ensuring export certification for dairy products.
They must be returned by 20th DECEMBER 2018 to allow processing of the certificate before year-end. We recommend you fully read the DAFM coversheets for full details on how to fill out the certificate with your vet.
- Pages 1 and 3 must be returned to your Milk Quality Manager.
- No animal tag list is needed this year, but you must note the number of cows submitted to the vet for examination on page 3, and the vet must also note that number on page 1.
- You must sign PAGE 3 EITHER on the same day as the vet signs page OR before the data signed by the vet.
- Page 2 should only be submitted if there are animals identified by the vet as non-compliant during their inspection. The vet will complete this if necessary.
- Please only return the white copies of the form to GII, the other copies should be retained by yourself. You will need this for your Bord Bia audit.
- Please return direct to GII Ballyragget using the prepaid envelope, or directly to your Milk Quality Manager.
- Reminder Animal ID Tag List is not required this year – just note the number of cows.
- All forms must be received by GII by 20th December 2018. This date is key to allow processing of the certificates before year end.
As soon as it has been completed by your vet, please return the certificate to:
Glanbia Ingredients Ireland Milk Office, Ballyragget Factory, Durrow Road, Ballyragget, Co. Kilkenny
If you have any queries, please contact your local milk quality manager.
|GII MILK QUALITY TEAM|
|Milk Quality Manager||Area||Phone Number|
|Jerry Cronin||West Waterford / Castlelyons||087 246 8065|
|Pat Coady||East Waterford / South Kilkenny||087 267 1082|
|Brendan Walsh||East Waterford / South Kilkenny||086 012 0016|
|William O’Toole||South Kilkenny / South Tipperary / Goresbridge||086 027 7230|
|John Fitzpatrick||North Kilkenny / Donaghmore / Laois||086 042 6567|
|John Joe Collier||Carlow / Kildare / Ballitore / Drogheda||087 256 4618|
|Sean Smith||Virginia / Drogheda||087 288 8640|
|Joe Kehoe||Wexford / East Wicklow||087 265 9728|
|Fionnuala Malone||086 813 0726|
First Published 4 December 2018
Tagged with: Dairy